The Holiday season is upon us. And what’s better than giving a gift this Christmas that you know your family will love? That, of course, is the gift of a DNA test.
Whether it’s tracing their heritage, building their ancestry family tree, or optimizing their health and wellness, there are tons of things your family members can learn from a DNA test.
The best part? They won’t break the bank, either. I’ve rounded up the three best DNA tests that can be taken at home and on a budget. And you still get way more information than you’d expect for a bargain price.
In fact, all my choices have slashed the prices of their kits in their early Holiday sales, so you can save even more money if you get one today before the Christmas panic buying begins.
Our Best DNA Testing Kits Reviewed
Christmas has come early – save 37% with MyHeritage!
MyHeritage DNA is a great all-rounder, and that’s why it’s my #1 recommendation. With a simple DNA test, you can uncover deep ancestry and heritage, and track down family members from across the world. And right now, you can get 50% off in the early Holiday sale.
- Ancestry tests and intuitive family tree builder
- Get your exact ethnicity percentages from 40+ geographic regions
- Discover maternal and paternal lineage with migration maps
- Track down your ancestors with matches in the MyHeritage database
- Results take 3-4 weeks
Start your Christmas shopping now with MyHeritage:
Give the perfect Christmas gift with up to 40% off AncestryDNA!
Ancestry offers both health and ancestry tests to give you the complete picture. Not only can you learn about your ancestors and ethnic origins, but also your risk of certain health conditions, with tips on managing them. Best of all, there’s up to 40% off.
- Full ancestry breakdown with accurate ethnicity percentages
- Intuitive family tree builder and access to 20 billion historical records
- Tracks down relative matches from the AncestryDNA database
- Combined ancestry and health testing with reports on carrier risk and inherited diseases
- Results in 6-8 weeks
Get your AncestryDNA Christmas deal:
Give the gift of ancestry this Christmas with 40% off Living DNA!
Living DNA offers huge value for such a small price. It specializes in deep ancestry, so if you have a family member interested in learning about which sub-regions their ancestors came from, it’s the perfect gift. Especially because you can save 40% if you buy the kit today.
- Trace your DNA to sub-regions in Europe, Africa, and the British Isles
- Learn about your ancestry from the last 500 years to the present day
- Interactive online platform shows migration maps and your haplogroup lineage
- Screen for health and wellness, including vitamin needs and food metabolism, with the combined kit
- Results in 6-8 weeks
Shop the Living DNA early Holiday offer:
Which Kit Will You Choose?
Who doesn’t want to learn more about their ethnic origins, family migration maps, and health status? Your family members can discover all that and more, with the gift of a DNA test.
If you want to give the best Christmas gift ever, go for MyHeritage. With its huge database, ability to track down long-lost relatives, and accurately identify ethnic maps, it’s everything you could need from a test.