Savings opportunities abound throughout the season, offering great deals beyond the usual shopping events. If you’re looking to uncover insights about your dog’s breed or health, explore special discounts on top-selected at-home pet DNA tests. Browse below to find the latest deals from our trusted providers. We consistently update our list with new offers tailored for the season, so checking back could lead to more savings and specials.
Short on time? Here Are The Best Dog DNA Holiday Deals
1. Embark – Get $40 off your first order + free shipping with the DNAOFADEAL code.
2. Basepaws – Sign up for its mailing list and get an exclusive 10% discount.
3. 5Strands – Save 10% on your first order and get free shipping.
4. Orivet – Get the Full Breed Profile test kit at a discounted price with the XMASGENO20 code.
5. Wisdom Panel – Get up to $32 off and donate $1 off every purchase to shelter pets. Plus, you can get 25% off if you order your kit during holidays.
The Best Dog DNA Test Holiday Deals
Get a great discount with Embark’s dog DNA kit deal!
You can save $40 on the combined health and breed identification kit with the code DNAOFADEAL. Plus, if you sign up for this service for the first time, you can get up to $72 off your purchase.
- Get your dog’s breed mix down to exact percentages, with over 350 breeds in the database
- Trace your dog’s family tree back to their great-grandparents and get an accurate picture of their genetic makeup
- Use the canine relative finder to track down your dog’s relatives
- Screens for 250+ health risks relating to skin and connective tissue issues, heart health, skeletal problems, and more
- Get your dog’s in-breeding score and detailed reporting on over 20 physical traits to inform their health plan
Save 10% on all Basepaw’s Pet DNA tests by signing up for its newsletter. You’ll get exclusive deals all the time, plus free shipping.
- Identifies your pet’s breed with percentage similarities to common breed groups
- Discover your cat or dog’s traits, predisposition for illnesses, get merchandise and more
- Tests 38 genetic health markers within 16 different groups to determine your pet’s risk of certain illnesses
- Understand your pet’s healthy weight range based on their genetic makeup
Save up with this offer from 5Strands. All you have to do is sign up for its newsletter and you’ll get $10 off your first purchase with free shipping.
5Strands is offering 5% off various combination packages.
- Fully detailed 60-90 day optimal nutrition and lifestyle guide for your dog
- Tests for over 40 different nutrients
- See how your dog is absorbing nutrients from their diet and whether they have any deficiencies
- Get detailed information on the impact of mineral, protein, vitamin, and general deficiencies
Orivet is offering 20% off its most its tests with the XMASGENO20 discount code. You can even bag yourself $15 off the breed identification kit, too, if you’re looking for a cheaper deal.
- Identify your dog’s ancestry profile with breed percentages and three-generation family tree
- Screens for over 50 health conditions to see if you’re dog is a carrier or at risk
- Get a full life plan to take control of your pet’s health, with advice on when to screen for diseases
- Personalized activities suited to your dog’s breed and personality traits
- Get your dog’s ideal nutritional profile and advice on weight management
Get up to $32 off Wisdom Panel’s kits and get free shipping as well. Once you make your purchase, Wisdom Panel will donate $1 to shelter pets.
- Detailed breed percentage breakdown relative to over 350 different dog breeds, with an overview of typical breed characteristics
- Get traits results, including 20+ tests on color coat and type, and 10+ tests for head and body shape
- Understand your dog’s ideal weight range based on their genetic markers
- See your dog’s family tree through to their great grandparents
- Understand your dog’s health risk and carrier status relating to 180+ health risks
Are dog DNA tests accurate?
Yes, as long as you choose the right one. If you choose an unreputable service, not only are your results likely to be incorrect, but it’s a complete waste of your money, too. We only ever recommend dog DNA tests with 95% or more accuracy, so you know you can always rely on the results.
Remember that no test is 100% accurate and there’s always a possibility of some incorrect information.
Which dog DNA test is most accurate?
Usually, this depends on the size of their database, especially how many breeds they have and the number of genetic markers they screen for.
All of the tests in this list offer 99.9% accuracy, aside from DNA My Dog which has 95-99% accuracy due to their smaller database. While Embark screens for over 350 breed types, DNA My Dog only screens for 95, so it’s likely you’ll yield a less detailed result. It doesn’t mean it’s not accurate, but more breeds mean more chance of finding your dog’s correct genetic makeup.
Remember that the accuracy of your results also depends on the quality of your sample. It’s really important to follow the instructions properly to make sure your sample can be tested as required.
What will a dog DNA test tell you?
A dog DNA test can provide you with all kinds of useful information, such as:
- Whether your dog has any allergies
- Your dog’s personality traits, characteristics, and physical attributes
- Your dog’s optimal nutritional profile and ideal weight
- Which breeds are in your dog’s genetic makeup and how this influences their health and behavior
- Any health conditions your dog is at risk of or may carry genetic variants for
- Your dog’s family tree, usually tracing back to their great grandparents
Which is better, Embark or Wisdom Panel?
There are pros and cons to both Embark and Wisdom Panel, and both tests are equally great. Wisdom Panel can turn your results around quicker than Embark, with only a 2-3 week wait (compared to 3-5 with Embark), and you still get all the breed and health information you need. But Embark’s sample collection takes you less time, as there’s only one swab. Both tests screen for 350+ breed types to give you an accurate result.
Embark has its very own canine relative finder to find your dog’s ancestors, and it traces their paternal and maternal lines. Wisdom Panel offers a free phone call with a veterinarian, though, if your dog’s health screening shows they’re at risk of anything.